Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Getting Started

At long last, and after many attempts, I have finally buckled down and created a blog. I have always loved to write, but one way or another my attempts have been thwarted either by my own dreadful tendancy to procrastinate, or just a simple lack of inspiration. Lately, however, I have been filled with the need to put my life down on "paper" to catalogue and detail even the meager events in my life so that one day when my children ask what their childhood was like, I'll have a reference point, a place to go where the memories are vivid and alive. I also have been looking for a way to involve my family, dearly beloved, who live in Alberta, in our lives as active participants.  It has been so hard, as a girl who comes from a family where the women are the glue, in a very matriarchical way, to be seperated from my women by miles and miles and miles. I love this about my family-this strong, woman leader characteristic, and have a very, very hard time acceptimg the fact that I am not near them now at this so very important juncture in my life-the raising of my two babies. So, this blog, is for me, for us, for them, to share, laugh, grow, love deeper, understand better, and connect in the best way I know how.

Here's to us All.

Love Aime

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aime...so glad that you decided to start blogging...welcome to the blogging world! I can't believe how big Jackson is and I love his curls...Gemma is a doll! Anyways, I'll be keeping up!

    ReplyDelete